Complete Your Training in Just Six Weeks!
August 31 – September 1
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
5:30-9:30pm- Lecture + Evening Practice
9:00am – 1:30pm – Lecture + Practice
1:30pm – 2:30pm – Lunch
2:30pm – 7:00pm – Lectures + Teaching Clinics
8:00am – 12:30pm – Lecture + Practice
12:30pm – 1:30pm Lunch Break
1:30pm – 6:00pm – Teaching Clinics
Teacher Training Tuition
Early Bird Pricing
Spots 1 – 5: $2050 <- **1 Spot Left!**
Spots 6 – 10: $2250
Spots 11 – 15: $2550
Spots 16 – 20: $2950
- 15% discount on workshops, class series + retail!
- 15 Class pass (activates at first use, expires after 180 days)
Purchase now + SAVE 15%
- All required reading materials
- 2 blocks, 1 strap + 1 blanket
Be one of the first to enroll in your training and receive $900 off the regular price of $2950. Your $500 deposit secures your spot and the current early bird pricing. The Price increase as the program fills, so register today to lock in the lowest pricing available!
PAYMENT PLANS + FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE
Payment plans available * $25 Administration fee applies per month * Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire
*Final payment is due prior to the end of training
Needs Based Scholarships and Kunga Community Scholarships to dedicated students who apply are available. Download and complete the Application.
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
QUESTIONS? TO LEARN MORE, FILL OUT THE FOR BELOW OR CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS
LEARN. LAUGH. GROW. SERVE
Kunga Yoga 200hr Teacher Training Certification Program provides a foundational teacher training and a yogic lifestyle immersion for students wishing to become teachers, or those simply wishing to deepen their own practice and learn healthy lifestyle habits. You will learn theory and practice of yoga on the mat and yoga off the mat as a practice of service. We are committed to offering yoga in a way that is accessible to all levels, non-dogmatic, non-intimidating, thorough, and fun!
•Develop and deepen your personal practice on and off the mat
•Gain tools to serve your community, learning from dedicated yogis with decades of experience
•Try out a variety of yoga styles in a multidisciplinary training
•Create enriching personal relationships for your yogic journey to come!
ABOUT PRESENTER DANIELLE SUBER, ERYT200
With advanced training in Pre-Natal and Restorative Yoga, as well as Anatomy, Ayurveda, Pranayama, Chronic Pain, Yoga for Trauma, and Yoga for Healthy Aging, Danielle is passionate about offering Yoga as healing modality for PTSD. She has worked with a variety of populations in both private and public settngs, but found offering yoga at Open Gate Women’s Shelter to be particularly rewarding.
In her personal practice, Danielle found that yoga offers tremendous healing for both mind and body and seeks to facilitate that process for her students. In her class, one can expect to explore intention with every pose. Danielle believes in honoring the practice with purpose and using the practice therapeutically as a way of bringing imbalance into balance – whether those imbalances are manifested physically, emotionally, energetically, or spiritually.
ABOUT PRESENTER JESS BICHLER, ERYT500
Wilmington Yoga Operations Manager, Jessica has a rich yogic history, steeped in a variety of trainings and lineages, bringing a wealth of knowledge to her classes, workshops and teacher trainings. Jess came to yoga in her teens, recognizing it as a path towards staying active and healthy throughout every stage of life. Jess has had the opportunity to study myriad yoga styles, particularly the prominent lines of Iyengar, Ashtanga and Anusara – each complimenting her attention to alignment and core engagement gained as a gymnast – as well as therapeutic and kids yoga. Her formal education and certifications were earned at the Morningside School of Yoga in upstate New York, Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Massachusetts, and most recently 200 and 500 hour certifications from the Wilmington Yoga Center. Her influential teachers include Michael Smith, Stacey Millner-Collins, Cheryl Crawrford, Kristin Cooper and Noelle Whittington. Jessica loves developing a wide variety of classes including everything from gentle and chair yoga, to kids yoga, to advanced practices focusing on arm balances and inversions. Her goal is to lovingly support students down the path of living a yogic lifestyle in all aspects.
ABOUT GUEST PRESENTER NOELLE WHITTINGTON, ERYT500
Noelle Whittington, ERYT500 is an adjunct faculty member of the Kunga Yoga School at the Wilmington Yoga Center, who leads 200 and 500 hour Kunga Yoga Lifestyle Teacher Trainings. Noelle is also a Professional Level Kunga Yoga Leader, completing a 350 hour advanced apprenticeship certification with Kristin Cooper-Gulak; and is currently pursuing her 1000hour Kunga Yoga certification. She is a seasoned international teacher and retreat leader, and is deeply committed to the Kunga Yoga mission of service, spending much of her time in India and in the U.S. working with and for the girls of the Homes of Hope Orphanages in Kerala, India.
Noelle has been teaching since 2006, beginning her yoga studies at the Nosara Institute in Costa Rica, and studying Thai Yoga Massage in Chaing Mai, Thailand, completing advanced-level certifications in the Lek Chaiya tradition. She is a certified Pilates Mat and Pilates Reformer teacher, completing over 250 hours in advanced anatomy and pilates technique training and is also a certified 5Elements Flow Yoga Teacher Trainer and certified Kunga Vinyasa Trainer. Her additional certifications include Interdisciplinary Yoga, Fluid Power Yoga, and Thai Yoga Therapy.
Noelle’s primary teachers include Ashley Ludman, Kristin Cooper-Gulak, and Larry Hobbs. She has also completed trainings with Hilary Garivaltis in Ayurveda, Marlysa Sullivan in Anatomy of Yoga and Therapeutic Yoga, David Emerson in Yoga for Trauma and PTSD, and Pre and Post Natal Yoga with Heather Till.
Noelle has assisted Anusara-based Seaside Yoga Teacher Trainings and Transformation Retreats with Ashley Ludman and has led retreats to Ambergris Caye, Belize, with Elizabeth Cramond RYT. Due to her dynamic classes and community following, Noelle has been chosen as an ambassador of both Manduka and Lululemon. Yoga, music, dance, service work, and travel are her passions, and she enjoys incorporating these experiences into her teachings to create a safe, fun, and effective experience appropriate for all ages and levels. Noelle enjoys empowering the student to connect with their inner teacher. Noelle teaches public classes, offers Thai Yoga therapy sessions and one-on-one private therapeutic yoga sessions at The Wilmington Yoga Center, benefitting a broad range of ages, needs, and conditions.
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to participate in the training?
In the event of cancellation of either a 200 or 300hr teacher training, the following policies apply:
- 60 days or more prior to the training: Your payment can be refunded for a $250 administration fee, or transferred to another WYC training at no cost.
- 59-31 days prior to the training: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $50 administration fee) to another WYC training.
- 30 days or less: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $150 administration fee) to another WYC training.
Withdrawals from active trainings will result in the loss of all fees paid.
Committing to a 200hr yoga teacher training or a 300hr yoga teacher training is a big deal! We want to make sure all your questions are answered before you register. If your questions aren’t answered below, please contact us for more information about our yoga teacher training programs.
We have consistently evolved, improved and refined each of our trainings, with over one thousand participants in our 200 & 500/300 hr programs since 2003. As a unique, open- style training program, we’ve committed our programs to the “Kunga” vision-offering yoga as service to our local and global communities, learning by teaching and getting our hands dirty!
- Principles of Classic Yoga Asanas Alignment Theory
- Posture – Specific Alignment & benefits
- Biomechanical Press-points
- Adapting postures to the individual
- Usage of props
- Hatha & Vinyasa Practices Overview
- Synthesis & Orthodox Practices: Ashtanga, Kundalini, Kripalu, Therapeutics, Prenatal, & More..
- Krishnamacharya’s Theory of Krama /Sequencing
EASTERN & WESTERN ANATOMY
- Introductory Anatomy as applied to Asana
- Multi-Media Presentations of Anatomy of Postures
- The Physiology of Asana, Breath & Meditation
- Injury Prevention – “Red Flag” warnings
- Advanced Relaxation Techniques
- Prana & the Vayus
- Chakras & Nadis
- The Five Koshas
- Ayurveda Introduction, Doshas
- Mudras, chanting
- Adapting the practice to your lifestyle, needs, body
PHILOSOPHY, ETHICS & LIFESTYLE
- History of Yoga – Classical & Modern; Evolution of Yoga
- Fundamentals of the Yoga Sutras & 8 Limbed Path
- Important teachers and their contributions
- Major modern schools and their approaches
- The Art of Living Yoga – off the mat
- Vegan Lifestyle & Diet with Cooking tips
- Living “Green”
- Teacher/Student Ethics
- Kunga Yoga Volunteering for Special Needs in Communities
- Bhakti Yoga –Kirtan, chanting & drumming
- Gentle assisting & enhancements
- Effective Cueing
- Development of Verbal Skills
- Demonstrating for your class
- Reading group energy and dynamics
- Cultivating confidence
- Planning your own classes
- Practice Teach Sessions & Feedback
- Opportunities to Assist Senior Teachers
BREATHING & MEDITATION PRACTICES
- Basic Anatomy & mechanics of breath
- Pranayama/breathing methodology
- Pranayama techniques in practice
- Meditation & the subtle body
- Guided Visualization as Meditation
- Meditation and the relaxation response
- Overview of benefits of pranayama
- Overview of benefits of meditation
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
- Gaining experience upon graduation
- Setting fees; understanding the market & your experience level
- Working with private clientele
- Building your resume consciously
- Basic marketing
- Ethics of why you teach & how to integrate into business world
- Yoga Alliance Registry & Continuing Education