Soul. Heart. Mind. Body.
Mindfulness + the Eightfold Path | 8 Weekend Teacher Training
Starts February 2018
Travel through Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga as you explore your own personal philosophy and asana practice in this eight-weekend Yoga Lifestyle + Teacher Training. Experience the power of your mind and body through detailed instruction on all of the eight limbs: yamas, nimayas, asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana, and samhadi.
Additionally, incorporate Ayurvedic principles for living throughout the training. While traveling in-depth into the Yoga Sutras, students will gain a firm understanding of foundational postures and methodologies for teaching yoga to the general population. Break free of negative samskara (habits); become a better yoga teacher by exploring your own sankulpa (inner desire) and shaping the life you were meant to live.
June 29- July 1
August 31-September 2
Friday 4pm – 9pm
Saturday 10am – 8pm
Sunday 8am – 5pm
Register by December 2nd + SAVE $250!
(discounted tuition not eligible for payment plans)
January 19, 2018
*200 rush fee if application is turned in after the closing date for registration
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
- 15% discounts on workshops, trainings, class series, and retail!
- 15 Class pass to use within six months of the training (activates at training start date, expires after 180 days, cannot be extended or shared)
- $100 account credit for each friend you refer to a future 200hr teacher training at our home studio
- Discounts and the chance to earn continuing education credit hours on Kunga 300hr continuing education modules on international adventure retreats… not your typical “school” curriculum, but the one we always wished for!
About Frances Murchison, ERYT200/RYT500, CHHC
Frances Murchison, ERYT200/RYT500, CHHC brings 11 years of yoga experience to her classes. Frances is a board certified Holistic Health Coach through Integrative nutrition, NYC, founder and director of Mindfullyfed Health + Life coaching, author, speaker, retreat leader, and certified yoga instructor through Moksha Yoga, chicago. She completed her 200hr Training under Daren Friesen at Moksha Yoga in Chicago, and is working towards her 500-hour Kunga Yoga certification. Originally a runner, she embraced yoga for the physical benefits of strength, flexibility and endurance. Soon, she realized that the enhancement of mindfulness, self-acceptance and compassion turned out to be an even larger benefit. Her influential teachers include Gary Kraftsow, Gabriel Halpern, Aadil Palkhivala, Daren Friesen, Dr. John Douillard and Brian Kest. Frances is a trained and certified 5Elements Flow teacher. Frances’ background as a holistic health coach informs her teaching.
- Thich Nhat Hanh: Being Peace
- Jon Kabat Zinn: Full Catastrophe Living
- Stephen Cope: The Great Work of Your Life
- Brene Brown: The Gifts of Imperfection
- Byron Katie: Loving What Is
- Tara Brach: Radical Acceptance
- Pema Chodron: When Things Fall Apart
- BKS Iyengar: Light on Yoga
- David Frawley: Yoga and Ayurveda
- Anatomy Coloring Book
Mindfulness + the Eightfold Path Yoga Lifestyle + Teacher Training offers many benefits, including:
- Housed in one of the largest schools for yoga in the Southeast.
- Expert Trainer with decades of experience in yoga and holistic health coaching.
- Experiential curriculum and teaching methodology focused on classical yogic teachings mixed with modern philosophy.
- Yoga and Ayurveda inspired lifestyle training within a holistic health centered commons.
- Support for graduates at the Wilmington Yoga Center, including discounted advanced studies tuition and internship programs.
- Principles of Classic Yoga Asanas Alignment Theory
- Posture – Specific Alignment + benefits
- Hatha + Vinyasa Practices Overview
- Sanskrit Pronunciation and Vocabulary
- Karma + the Four Functions of the Mind
EASTERN + WESTERN ANATOMY
- Introductory Anatomy as applied to Asana
- Multi-Media Presentations of Anatomy of Postures
- The Physiology of Asana, Breath + Meditation
- Injury Prevention – “Red Flag” warnings
- Advanced Relaxation Techniques
- Prana + the Vayus
- The Three Gunas
- Chakras + Nadis
- The Five Koshas
- Ayurvedic Living, Doshas
PHILOSOPHY, ETHICS + LIFESTYLE
- History of Yoga – Classical + Modern; Evolution of Yoga
- Fundamentals of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras + 8 Limbed Path
- The Art of Living Yoga – off the mat
- Discovering Your Dharma
- Living “Green” and According to Your Body’s Needs
- Teacher/Student Ethics
- Tools for Mindful Living
- Assisting + enhancements
- Effective Cueing
- Development of Verbal Skills
- Demonstrating for your class
- Stance Matrix
- Cultivating confidence
- Practice Teach Sessions + Feedback
BREATHING + MEDITATION PRACTICES
- Basic Anatomy + mechanics of breath
- Pranayama/breathing methodology
- Pranayama techniques in practice
- Meditation + the subtle body
- Guided Visualization as Meditation
- Meditation and the relaxation response
- Withdrawal of the Senses, Single-Pointed Focus
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
- Gaining experience upon graduation
- Understanding your Market + Basic Marketing
- Legal Implications of Becoming a Yoga Teacher
- Yoga Alliance Registry + Continuing Education
Questions?Ask Our Programs Team!
***Non-refundable tuition payment is due in full by the date noted. In the event of cancellation, the following policies apply:
60 days or more prior to the training: Your payment can be refunded for a $250 administration fee, or transferred to another WYC training at no cost.
59-31 days prior to the training: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $50 administration fee) to another WYC training.
30 days or less: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $150 administration fee) to another WYC training.
Withdrawals from active trainings will result in the loss of all fees paid.