200hr Kunga Yoga Lifestyle + Teacher Training
WITH JESS BICHLER, ERYT500
May 31-June 2
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
5:30-9:30pm- Lecture + Evening Practice
9:00am – 1:00pm – Lecture + Practice
1:00pm – 2:30pm – Lunch
2:30pm – 7:30pm – Lectures + Teaching Clinics
7:30am – 12:30pm – Lecture + Practice
12:30pm – 2:00pm Lunch Break
2:00pm – 6:00pm – Teaching Clinics
Teacher Training Tuition
Register by October 11th + SAVE $500!!*
- 15% discount on workshops, class series + retail!
- 15 Class pass to use within six months of the training
*discounted tuition is not available with a payment plan
Purchase now + SAVE 15%
- All required reading materials
- 2 blocks, 1 strap + 1 blanket
PAYMENT PLANS + FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE
Payment plans available * $25 Administration fee applies per month * Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire
*Final payment is due prior to the end of training
Needs Based Scholarships and Kunga Community Scholarships to dedicated students who apply are available.
LEARN. LAUGH. GROW. SERVE
Kunga Yoga 200hr Teacher Training Certification Program provides a foundational teacher training and a yogic lifestyle immersion for students wishing to become teachers, or those simply wishing to deepen their own practice and learn healthy lifestyle habits. You will learn theory and practice of yoga on the mat and yoga off the mat as a practice of service. We are committed to offering yoga in a way that is accessible to all levels, non-dogmatic, non-intimidating, thorough, and fun!
•Develop and deepen your personal practice on and off the mat
•Gain tools to serve your community, learning from dedicated yogis with decades of experience
•Try out a variety of yoga styles in a multidisciplinary training
•Create enriching personal relationships for your yogic journey to come!
ABOUT PRESENTER JESS BICHLER, ERYT500
Wilmington Yoga Operations Manager, Jessica has a rich yogic history, steeped in a variety of trainings and lineages, bringing a wealth of knowledge to her classes, workshops and teacher trainings. Jess came to yoga in her teens, recognizing it as a path towards staying active and healthy throughout every stage of life. Jess has had the opportunity to study myriad yoga styles, particularly the prominent lines of Iyengar, Ashtanga and Anusara – each complimenting her attention to alignment and core engagement gained as a gymnast – as well as therapeutic and kids yoga. Her formal education and certifications were earned at the Morningside School of Yoga in upstate New York, Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Massachusetts, and most recently 200 and 500 hour certifications from the Wilmington Yoga Center. Her influential teachers include Michael Smith, Stacey Millner-Collins, Cheryl Crawrford, Kristin Cooper and Noelle Whittington. Jessica loves developing a wide variety of classes including everything from gentle and chair yoga, to kids yoga, to advanced practices focusing on arm balances and inversions. Her goal is to lovingly support students down the path of living a yogic lifestyle in all aspects.
ABOUT PRESENTER VERONICA ROBERTSON, ERYT200 / RYT500
Being able to share this beautiful practice is such a privilege. Every class is a new opportunity to give and to connect. I treasure each yoga class I’m fortunate enough to teach, and for that I’m very grateful to all of you.Becoming a Yoga Teacher had been a dream of mine for several years while I was a group fitness instructor and yoga student. When I finally had the opportunity to train at Charleston Power Yoga, it completely changed my life, and since I graduated in April 2016, I haven’t looked back. My training was based on the Power Vinyasa Yoga teachings of Baron Baptiste. Although I have a deep passion for power yoga, I also really enjoy teaching students brand new to this practice and going with them through a path of discovery and empowerment.
ABOUT FLOW TOWN YOGA
Flow Town was founded in February 2017 for our collective well-being through the yogi lifestyle. Flow Town is a continuation of the community already started two years before by Shine and Shout Yoga. We are a true community of yogis, open to participants of all ages, shapes, sizes, and abilities, who wish to deepen their understanding of yoga and healthy lifestyle practices.
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to participate in the training?
In the event of cancellation of either a 200 or 300hr teacher training, the following policies apply:
- 60 days or more prior to the training: Your payment can be refunded for a $250 administration fee, or transferred to another Flow Town Yoga training at no cost.
- 59-31 days prior to the training: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $50 administration fee) to another Flow Town Yoga training.
- 30 days or less: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $150 administration fee) to another Flow Town Yoga training.
Withdrawals from active trainings will result in the loss of all fees paid.
Committing to a 200hr yoga teacher training or a 300hr yoga teacher training is a big deal! We want to make sure all your questions are answered before you register. If your questions aren’t answered below, please contact us for more information about our yoga teacher training programs.
We have consistently evolved, improved and refined each of our trainings, with over one thousand participants in our 200 & 500/300 hr programs since 2003. As a unique, open- style training program, we’ve committed our programs to the “Kunga” vision-offering yoga as service to our local and global communities, learning by teaching and getting our hands dirty!
- Principles of Classic Yoga Asanas Alignment Theory
- Posture – Specific Alignment & benefits
- Biomechanical Press-points
- Adapting postures to the individual
- Usage of props
- Hatha & Vinyasa Practices Overview
- Synthesis & Orthodox Practices: Ashtanga, Kundalini, Kripalu, Therapeutics, Prenatal, & More..
- Krishnamacharya’s Theory of Krama /Sequencing
EASTERN & WESTERN ANATOMY
- Introductory Anatomy as applied to Asana
- Multi-Media Presentations of Anatomy of Postures
- The Physiology of Asana, Breath & Meditation
- Injury Prevention – “Red Flag” warnings
- Advanced Relaxation Techniques
- Prana & the Vayus
- Chakras & Nadis
- The Five Koshas
- Ayurveda Introduction, Doshas
- Mudras, chanting
- Adapting the practice to your lifestyle, needs, body
PHILOSOPHY, ETHICS & LIFESTYLE
- History of Yoga – Classical & Modern; Evolution of Yoga
- Fundamentals of the Yoga Sutras & 8 Limbed Path
- Important teachers and their contributions
- Major modern schools and their approaches
- The Art of Living Yoga – off the mat
- Vegan Lifestyle & Diet with Cooking tips
- Living “Green”
- Teacher/Student Ethics
- Kunga Yoga Volunteering for Special Needs in Communities
- Bhakti Yoga –Kirtan, chanting & drumming
- Gentle assisting & enhancements
- Effective Cueing
- Development of Verbal Skills
- Demonstrating for your class
- Reading group energy and dynamics
- Cultivating confidence
- Planning your own classes
- Practice Teach Sessions & Feedback
- Opportunities to Assist Senior Teachers
BREATHING & MEDITATION PRACTICES
- Basic Anatomy & mechanics of breath
- Pranayama/breathing methodology
- Pranayama techniques in practice
- Meditation & the subtle body
- Guided Visualization as Meditation
- Meditation and the relaxation response
- Overview of benefits of pranayama
- Overview of benefits of meditation
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
- Gaining experience upon graduation
- Setting fees; understanding the market & your experience level
- Working with private clientele
- Building your resume consciously
- Basic marketing
- Ethics of why you teach & how to integrate into business world
- Yoga Alliance Registry & Continuing Education