*300 Hour Therapeutic Essentials Track Required Training
This course is divided into three weekends. Each weekend focuses on specific regions of the body to explore muscles, joints, fascia, the nervous system and their application to movement, yoga and working with common musculoskeletal conditions.
Each weekend will incorporate observation, hands-on exercises and practice of asana to help you learn the location and function of the major structures of the body and how they relate to asana. You will also learn techniques to help you “read” your student’s body through their asana practice.
This course will teach you:
- To understand the location and function of the key structures of the body and apply them to yoga practice
- How to become proficient at understanding and identifying imbalances in your students’ practice.
- A functional, integrated approach to evaluation through looking at movement and asana as well as specific muscle testing techniques.
- How certain imbalances may lead to pain and dysfunction
- Common stresses and injuries for each part of the body and how to apply asana therapeutically for specific injuries, as well as modifications (providing appropriate hands-on support and protection) to maximize the healing and strengthening that is possible from the practice of yoga.
- How do develop a personalized plan of care and personalized asana practice for your student based on the evaluation methods that will be taught.
After this course, you will be able to help students with musculoskeletal dysfunctions (for example: back pain, neck pain, arthritis, tendonitis) by finding their imbalances and helping them to find a yoga practice to restore balance as well as modify asanas as needed.Sign Up Now
About Tra Kirkpatrick
I was led to yoga in the spring of 1998 when I unexpectedly came upon an open house at a local yoga studio. At the time, I was in a place of Divine Discontent – unhappy, unhealthy, and unsettled. Despite that I had no yoga experience and no language to describe what I felt during my first experience on the mat, I knew that I was deeply touched by the practice so I kept going back. My life has never been the same.
Inspired by the healing powers of Yoga ~ not just the stuff we do on the mat, but the deeper, magical qualities that help us unfold ~ I eventually let go of a 15-year career to pursue further education and training in yoga and healing arts. In 2005 I became certified as a Kripalu Yoga Teacher, studying with Yoganand Michael Carroll, and began sharing the practice of healing and wholeness that comes from our willingness to go within.
My desire to know more about the human body and the ways in which we are intricately woven led me to become certified as a Yoga Therapist, using the tools and techniques of Tantra Hatha Yoga to restore balance, increase vitality, and improve mental well-being. Simultaneously, I began to study the art of Thai Yoga Therapy and found that these two therapeutic modalities offered clients a place where compassion, love, and acceptance supported their paths of healing and wholeness.
Because community and collaboration are intricate aspects of the practice, in 2014 I joined my two friends and colleagues to launch the Center for Integrative Yoga Studies. The Center offers two training tracks, including a 200-hour therapeutic yoga teacher, which focuses on the therapeutic and meditative aspects of yoga and a 500-hour yoga therapy program, both of which are hosted at studios across the country.
In addition to teaching in both the 200 and 500 hour programs, I offer regular workshops and programs, weekly classes in Decatur and Atlanta, as well as see private clients for both yoga therapy and Thai Yoga in Decatur. You can learn more about my offerings atwww.growithin.com.
Date & Time
Friday, Jan 26
6:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, Jan 27
8:30am – 6:30pm
Sunday, Jan 28
8:30am – 5:30pm
Register by Dec 26th + SAVE $50!
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
MyCAA approved.Sign Up Now
Need a place to stay?
Check out our list of local home-stays and accommodations
- 20 of CEU Hours toward 300 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full workshop required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification counts as one required module towards 300Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center’s Kunga Therapeutics program
10 days prior to the workshop cancellation is permitted for account credit only minus a $25 administrative fee. 10 days and closer to the start date of the workshop the total tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.*
*Different 300hr Teacher Training Track policies apply, see your 300hr Workbook + Training Enrollment forms for more information*