Empowering women to nurture themselves before, during & after pregnancy
*300 Hour Service Leadership Track Required Training
Benefits of this program:
- Aids in stress reduction, flexibility and relaxation
- Prepares body for labor positions
- Use yoga to facilitate an active, upright birth
- Learn how certain postures can help keep the abdomen tight, preventing sagging and reducing the appearance of stretch marks
- Use gentle twists to alleviate tension in shoulders,neck and spine
- Learn how breathwork can aid in natural abdominal breathing during 1st/2nd stage of labor
- Understand how Yoga will allow you to tune into the body, listening and accepting what is physically and emotionally happening in the body
- Learn which Asanas done during pregnancy can help to relax the body and mind after baby is born
This 3-day yoga teacher training is designed for yoga yeachers, yoga teachers in training, midwives, doulas and bodyworkers who work with pregnant women and pregnant women. The intention of this training is to help your students prevent common discomforts of pregnancy while helping to enrich the childbearing experience. Through lecture, discussion, partner participation, self-reflection and practice of the fundamental elements of prenatal yoga, this training helps prepare and empower teachers to guide women through birth and into motherhood.
About Heather Metzler, ERYT500
Kunga Yoga Faculty Instructor Heather Metzler, ERYT is a certified 500-hour Kunga Yoga teacher. She has also completed the 100 hour Professional Level Kunga Yoga Apprenticeship under Kristin Cooper for Kunga Yoga Leaders, and is working towards 1000-hour Kunga Yoga certification. As a Special Education teacher for many years, Heather started looking for a way to alleviate stress and create a healthier lifestyle for herself. She took her first yoga class in 2000 at a local gym, and was soon in love with the way it made her feel. She found the Wilmington Yoga Center where she started to deepen her practice through the love and teachings of Kristin Cooper, Larry Hobbs and Donna Gardner. After the birth of her first daughter in 2006, she began her yoga training, and is a graduate of the 220 and 500 hour Kunga Yoga School. She has completed certifications in Prenatal Yoga, Yoga for Trauma, Thai Yoga Massage, Kunga Power Vinyasa and Therapeutics and has traveled with Kunga Journeys for volunteer work at the Home of Hope Orphanage in Kerala, India. She feels blessed to have her family and students in her life everyday, supporting her growth as an individual and as a teacher. She is currently working towards her 1000 hour certification, to deepen her practice and experiences while serving others in her classes.
Date & Time
Friday, April 22
5:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, April 23
12:00pm – 7:30pm
Sunday, April 24
9:00am – 5:00pm
$325.00 after April 8
$300.00 before April 8
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
Need a place to stay?
Check out our list of local home-stays and accommodations
- 18 of CEU Hours toward 300 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full workshop required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification counts as one required module towards 300Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center Service Leadership Program
10 days prior to the workshop cancellation is permitted for account credit only minus a $25 administrative fee. 10 days and closer to the start date of the workshop the total tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.