This experiential anatomy course is divided into three weekends. Each weekend focuses on specific regions of the body to explore muscles, joints, fascia, the nervous system and their application to movement, yoga and working with common musculoskeletal conditions.
Each weekend will incorporate observation, hands-on exercises and practice of asana to help you learn the location and function of the major structures of the body and how they relate to asana. You will also learn techniques to help you “read” your student’s body through their asana practice.
This Experiential Anatomy course will teach you:
- To understand the location and function of the key structures of the body and apply them to yoga practice
- How to become proficient at understanding and identifying imbalances in your students’ practice.
- A functional, integrated approach to evaluation through looking at movement and asana as well as specific muscle testing techniques.
- How certain imbalances may lead to pain and dysfunction
- Common stresses and injuries for each part of the body and how to apply asana therapeutically for specific injuries, as well as modifications (providing appropriate hands-on support and protection) to maximize the healing and strengthening that is possible from the practice of yoga.
- How do develop a personalized plan of care and personalized asana practice for your student based on the evaluation methods that will be taught.
After this experiential anatomy course, you will be able to help students with musculoskeletal dysfunctions (for example: back pain, neck pain, arthritis, tendonitis) by finding their imbalances and helping them to find a yoga practice to restore balance as well as modify asanas as needed.Sign Up Now
About Jeff Shoaf, ERYT500 + YACEP
Jeff has been an avid practitioner of yoga since his first class at Main Street Yoga in Illinois in August of 2002. His certifications come from the Pranakriya School of Healing Arts (RYT 200) and the Center for Integrative Yoga Studies (E-RYT 500). His teachers and mentors are Yoganand Michael Carroll, Jacci Reynolds, Marlysa Sullivan and also includes extensive early influence from the work of Gary Kraftsow and Eric Schiffman.
Jeffrey is also a licensed massage therapist, practicing integrative bodywork with a focus on myofascial release. He is an avid student of Tom Myers, Robert Schleip and Art Riggs, pioneers of the work and teachings of Structural Integration with Dr. Ida Rolf. He works with clients and students individually, integrating bodywork and yoga therapy techniques to improve and unite the body/mind connection. He teaches yoga around theUS, and practices massage, bodywork, and yoga therapy in Charlotte, NC.
To learn more, visit his website at: http://jbshoaf113.wix.com/jeffreyshoaf
In addition to teaching in both the 200 and 500 hour programs, I offer regular workshops and programs, weekly classes in Decatur and Atlanta, as well as see private clients for both yoga therapy and Thai Yoga in Decatur. You can learn more about my offerings atwww.growithin.com.
Date & Time
Friday, Jan 17
6:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, Jan 18
8:30am – 6:30pm
Sunday, Jan 19
8:30am – 5:30pm
Register by Dec 25th + SAVE $50!
*materials fee of $30 is due directly to the presenter on the first day of the training
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
MyCAA approved.Sign Up Now
Need a place to stay?
Check out our list of local home-stays and accommodations
- 20 of CEU Hours toward 300 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full workshop required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification counts as one required module towards 300Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center’s Kunga Therapeutics program
No refunds will be given for workshops. 10 days prior to the workshop cancellation is permitted for account credit only minus a $25 administrative fee. 10 days and closer to the start date of the workshop the total tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.*
*Different 300hr Teacher Training Track policies apply, see your 300hr Workbook + Training Enrollment forms for more information*