Safely support your students in deepening their understanding of alignment
You will also learn:
- how to approach assisting as an art
- safety issues and guidelines
- dynamics of the student-teacher relationship
- how to step out of your “comfort zone” and into the student’s practice space
- the “core 4” secrets of confident assisting
- specific tricks for assisting quickly and efficiently within flow based practices
- thai yoga massage as applied to assisting theory and techniques
The Kunga Yoga Hands-On Assists teacher training will provide you with concrete skills for effective, safe and intelligent hands-on assisting for your students. The Kunga Yoga approach to assisting safely supports the student in deepening their understanding of alignment within the postures; rather than using assists to “correct” or seek perfection.
This workshop is open to students and teachers of all levels. Teachers will receive specific tools for offering safe, and powerful assists with confidence and ease. Students and teachers-to-be will learn advanced alignment and gain a deeper understanding of the practice through touch. All participants will give and receive assists through partnering and with the program leaders. All participants will receive a manual including a photo glossary of over 50+ assists and thai yoga massage techniques.Sign Up Now
About Nicole Fitzwater Boyle, ERYT500
Nicole is a Blacksburg native. She attended the University of Virginia and graduated with a B.S. in Commerce from the McIntire School of Commerce in 2001, and after 15 years of living away from the New River Valley returned home to her roots and purchased In Balance Yoga in the summer of 2013 from Becky McDaniel. Yoga found Nicole in January 2006 and they have been inseparable ever since. Nicole has practiced in studios all over the country and even internationally, focusing on the Bikram, Barkan, Baptiste, Ashtanga, Dharma Yoga traditions and most recently – the Kunga Yoga School. Her teachers include D’ana Baptiste, Becky McDaniel, Dharma Mittra, Jimmy Barkan and Kristin Cooper-Gulak. Nicole is grateful to her mentors, influencers and all that have inspired her over the years.
Date & Time
Thursday – Sunday, August 11-14
9:00am – Noon: Open Public Practice & Lecture
1:00pm – 4:00pm: Lecture/Presentation
4:00pm – 6:00pm: Practice Training Clinics
Register by July 11th + SAVE $50!!!Sign Up Now
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
- 32 of CEU Hours toward 300 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full workshop required to receive 300YA credit.
- This certification counts as one required module/counts as elective hours towards 500Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center program
No refunds will be given for workshops. 10 days prior to the workshop cancellation is permitted for WYC account credit only (minus a $25 administrative fee). 10 days and closer to the start date of the workshop the total tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.*