Enrich your yoga practice with gentle yoga + meditation
*300hr Service Leadership Track Required Training
What you will learn:
- Pranayama, Meditation and Asana to balance full Chakra system
- Instruction and practice of Metta, loving-kindness meditation
- Motivation for continuing with a daily meditation practice
In the past yoga schools had a rich meditation practice that has been lost in many modern traditions. This workshop is rooted in the Buddhist style of vipassana, or insight meditation. In addition we will explore walking, mantra (repetition of specific phrases) and kundalini (a style of yoga practiced to release latent energy coiled at the base of the spine) meditation practices. These techniques for expanding awareness and releasing painful mental habits are useful no matter what your religious or spiritual orientation. Gentle Yoga is a slower paced practice that is accessible to people of all shapes, sizes and fitness levels.
We will start with the most ancient forms from which Hindu, Buddhist, and Jain meditation have sprung. After learning these techniques we will explore how they can be incorporated into a modern practice and taught to our students.Sign Up Now
Date & Time
Friday, October 8
5:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, October 9
12:00pm – 7:30pm
Sunday, October 10
9:00am – 5:00pm
Register by September 8th + SAVE $50!
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
MyCAA approved.Sign Up Now
- 18 of CEU Hours toward 300 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full workshop required to receive 300YA credit.
- This certification counts as one required module in the Service Leadership Track towards 300Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center program
No refunds will be given for workshops. 10 days prior to the workshop cancellation is permitted for account credit only minus a $25 administrative fee. 10 days and closer to the start date of the workshop the total tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.*
*Different 300hr Teacher Training Track policies apply, see your 300hr Workbook + Training Enrollment forms for more information*