Empowering women to nurture themselves before, during & after pregnancy
*300 Hour Service Leadership Track Required Training
Benefits of this program:
- Aids in stress reduction, flexibility and relaxation
- Prepares body for labor positions
- Use yoga to facilitate an active, upright birth
- Learn how certain postures can help keep the abdomen tight, preventing sagging and reducing the appearance of stretch marks
- Use gentle twists to alleviate tension in shoulders,neck and spine
- Learn how breathwork can aid in natural abdominal breathing during 1st/2nd stage of labor
- Understand how Yoga will allow you to tune into the body, listening and accepting what is physically and emotionally happening in the body
- Learn which Asanas done during pregnancy can help to relax the body and mind after baby is born
This 3-day Pre/Post Natal yoga teacher training is designed for yoga yeachers, yoga teachers in training, midwives, doulas and bodyworkers who work with pregnant women and pregnant women. The intention of this training is to help your students prevent common discomforts of pregnancy while helping to enrich the childbearing experience. Through lecture, discussion, partner participation, self-reflection and practice of the fundamental elements of prenatal yoga, this training helps prepare and empower teachers to guide women through birth and into motherhood.
Yoga for Pregnancy, Birth, and Beyond, by Francoise Barbira FreedmanSign Up Now
About Heather Lilly, ERYT500
Heather Lilly (goes by“Lilly”) received her 500hr ISHTA Yoga certification in 2003. After teaching over a 1000hrs of group classes, private sessions, and yoga festivals in NYC, Pennsylvania, and Raleigh she joined the Wilmington Yoga Center family in December of 2009. Lilly comes with a background in dance, movement, and theatre that all inform her teaching. Lilly was drawn to yoga after September 11. Her journey began in the aftermath of a tragic event as an act of service to self; however the path has taken her to a place of peace, joy, and desire to serve others. Her intention is to spread this spirit of yoga as service to help inspire healingthroughout the world.Lilly is incredibly grateful to the many wonderful teachers with whom she has hadthe privilege to study.
Date & Time
Friday, June 3rd
5:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, June 4th
12:00pm – 7:30pm
Sunday, June 5th
9:00am – 5:00pm
$375.00Sign Up Now
Register by May 3rd + SAVE $50!
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
Need a place to stay?
Check out our list of local home-stays and accommodations
- 18 of CEU Hours toward 300 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full workshop required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification counts as one required module towards 300Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center Service Leadership Program
No refunds will be given for workshops. 10 days prior to the workshop cancellation is permitted for account credit only minus a $25 administrative fee. 10 days and closer to the start date of the workshop the total tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.*
*Different 300hr Teacher Training Track policies apply, see your 300hr Workbook + Training Enrollment forms for more information*