Restorative Yoga is a deeply restful, rejuvenating practice of yoga that helps us learn how to relax the body and mind through supported yoga postures and breathing practices
Benefits of Restorative Yoga include:
- General physical and mental relaxation and rejuvenation
- Movement and release of lactic acid and lymphatic fluid in the body, increasing immune function
- Lower blood pressure & cortisol levels
- Increased body-mind-spirit connection through mindfulness meditation
- Activation of the relaxation response through the parasympathetic nervous system
- Gentle flush of the internal organs through deeper breath work (Pranayama)
The Kunga Restorative Yoga Teacher Training certification is for students and teachers of all levels seeking to reduce tension and stress, and learn the art and skill of preparing sequences and teaching restorative yoga for all populations. This training includes therapeutic applications for pregnant women, students with cancer and practices for those simply seeking more relaxation and reduction of anxiety.Sign Up Now
About Jamie Annette, ERYT500
Jamie Annette, ERYT500, is an instructor for the Kunga Yoga School as well as for public classes. She completed both her 200hr and 500hr certifications at the Kunga Yoga School at Wilmington Yoga Center. She is also certified in Mat Pilates and loves to incorporate core work into her classes. Jamie took her first yoga class with her mom in 2001 and has been practicing ever since. Some of her primary teachers include Kristin Cooper-Gulak, Larry Hobbs and Rose Tan. She’s always had an interest in health and wellness of both body and mind and feels fortunate to be able to share this with others through teaching. Jamie hopes to encourage others to bring balance, peace and a sense of connection to their lives through the practice of yoga.
Date & Time
Friday, Sept 20
5:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, Sept 21
12:00pm – 4:00pm
4:30pm – 7:30pm
Sunday, Sept 22
9:00am – 1:00pm
2:00pm – 5:00pm
Register by August 20, 2019 + SAVE $50!
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
Need a place to stay?
Check out our list of local home-stays and accommodations
CEUs & Yoga Certification Info
- 18 of CEU Hours toward 500 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full workshop required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification counts as one required module towards 500Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center program
No refunds will be given for workshops. 10 days prior to the workshop cancellation is permitted for WYC account credit only (minus a $25 administrative fee). 10 days and closer to the start date of the workshop the total tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.*
*Different 300hr Teacher Training Track policies apply, see your 300hr Workbook + Training Enrollment forms for more information*