Restorative Yoga is a deeply restful, rejuvenating practice of yoga that helps us learn how to relax the body and mind through supported yoga postures and breathing practices
Benefits of Restorative Yoga include:
- General physical and mental relaxation and rejuvenation
- Movement and release of lactic acid and lymphatic fluid in the body, increasing immune function
- Lower blood pressure & cortisol levels
- Increased body-mind-spirit connection through mindfulness meditation
- Activation of the relaxation response through the parasympathetic nervous system
- Gentle flush of the internal organs through deeper breath work (Pranayama)
The Kunga Restorative Yoga Teacher Training certification is for students and teachers of all levels seeking to reduce tension and stress, and learn the art and skill of preparing sequences and teaching restorative yoga for all populations. This training includes therapeutic applications for pregnant women, students with cancer and practices for those simply seeking more relaxation and reduction of anxiety.Sign Up Now
Relax and Renew by Judith Lasater
About Lisa Pelanne, ERYT500
Lisa facilitates wellness practices including yoga, dance, and health education, as well as offers Thai Yoga body work to support overall well-being. She is grateful to share movement, meditation, and evidence-based well-being practices to all populations. She is passionate about teaching accessible, adaptive, and inclusive practices that meet each practitioner where they are by focusing on acceptance, gratitude, grace, and compassion. Lisa is a Faculty Yoga Teacher Trainer for the Kunga Yoga School at In Balance Yoga in Blacksburg, Virginia leading 200 and 300-hour Yoga Teacher Trainings. She also leads workshops in Yin Yoga and Meditation. She completed her 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training with Nicole Lafon in 2016 at In Balance Yoga in Blacksburg, Virginia and her 300-hour Kunga Yoga Service Leadership Yoga Teacher Training with Kunga faculty at the Wilmington Yoga Center in North Carolina in 2018. A passionate student, she studies widely across disciplines to inform her worldview and teaching philosophy. She is incredibly grateful to her many teachers including Marion Mease, Nicole Lafon, Lynn Theodose, Noelle Whittington, and Kristen Cooper-Gulak.
Date & Time
Friday, Sept 16
5:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, Sept 17
12:00pm – 4:00pm
4:30pm – 7:30pm
Sunday, Sept 18
9:00am – 1:00pm
2:00pm – 5:00pm
Register by August 16+ SAVE $50!
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
CEUs & Yoga Certification Info
- 18 of CEU Hours toward 500 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full workshop required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification counts as one required module towards 500Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center program
No refunds will be given for workshops. 10 days prior to the workshop cancellation is permitted for WYC account credit only (minus a $25 administrative fee). 10 days and closer to the start date of the workshop the total tuition is non-refundable and non-transferable.*
*Different 300hr Teacher Training Track policies apply, see your 300hr Workbook + Training Enrollment forms for more information*