This 3-day yoga retreat will consist of daily meditation, gentle, and vinyasa flow yoga classes (open to all levels). In addition to a gentle and vigorous asana practice, yoga pranayama & restorative guided relaxation, this yoga retreat will include time for instruction in the Buddhist style of vipassana, or insight meditation. There will also be ample free time for exploring, hiking, resting, receiving bodywork, and connecting with others. Arriving anytime after 3pm on Friday, we will begin with afternoon yoga and meditation classes, followed by a group ceremonial dinner of local, organic, farm fresh vegetarian foods on site Friday evening. Saturday and Sunday breakfast plus lunch will also be offered to our group as an organic vegetarian buffet. All classes and activities are optional and students are encouraged to approach this retreat as an opportunity for rejuvenation and renewal.
What you will experience:
- Sitting and walking meditation
- Discussion to help clarify practical issues people new to meditation tend to encounter
- Suggestions for setting up a daily practice and taking your meditative awareness into the world
- Enjoy the many charms of the Prama Institute, a retreat center well known for hosting groups for holistic studies
- Opportunity to connect with the natural surroundings of the Appalachian Mountains at a time of year when the weather is optimal and the leaves are brilliantly changing with the seasons
A Video showing the Prama Retreat Center & Grounds…
About Donna Gardner
DONNA GARDNER has been practicing yoga and Insight Meditation for over 20 years and is an experienced teacher. She holds a Masters Degree in Dance from New York University, and is an ACE certified personal trainer. In addition, she attended the Graduate School of Social Work at Boston University and recently completed Level I certification in Thai Yoga Bodywork. Whether you are new to practice, returning to it, or enjoying an ongoing practice, please join Donna for classes in which you will receive personal attention to your specific needs and abilities.
About Jess Bichler, ERYT500
Assistant Director of the Kunga Yoga School, Jess Bichler, is a certified 500-hour Kunga Yoga teacher. She has also completed the 150 hour Professional Level Kunga Yoga Apprenticeship under Kristin Cooper for Kunga Yoga Leaders, and is working towards 1000-hour Kunga Yoga certification.Jessica began her dedicated yoga studies in 2002 with Michael Smith of the Morningside School of Yoga. Jess has a BFA in Film, Photo, and Visual arts with a minor in art history and MA in Visual and cultural anthropology. Jess loves developing a wide variety of classes including everything from gentle and chair yoga, to kids’ yoga, to advanced practices focusing on arm balances and inversions.
Date & Time
Friday, June 5 – Sunday, June 7
Shared Occupancy (bunk rooms)
$350 – Friday to Sunday
Double Occupancy SOLD OUT
Early Bird Rate – 10% off if you register by April 5, 2015
- Accommodations Friday-Sun
- Arriving anytime after 3pm Friday, checkout Sun Noon
- Organic, Local Vegetarian Meals; Friday Dinner & Sat/Sun Breakfast & Lunch
- All Yoga & Meditation Instruction Classes
- Private Yoga Sessions w/Donna
- Private Thai Yoga Massage
- Swedish & Deep Tissue Bodywork On Site
- White Water Rafting, Canoeing, and Hiking Trails
- Sightseeing in Asheville & Surrounding Areas-Biltmore Estate
- Driving along Blue Ridge Parkway
- Asheville Downtown Nightlife, Restaurants & Shopping
CEUs & Yoga Certification Info
- 15 CEU Hours toward 500 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full retreat classes required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification counts one required module towards 500Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center program
In the event of cancellation, the following policies apply:
· 60 days or more prior to the retreat: Your payment will be refunded, less a $50 administration fee.
· 59-46 days prior to the retreat: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $50 administration fee) to a studio account credit.
· 45 days or less: Payments are not refundable or transferable, as your payment has already been processed.
The above policies apply regardless of the reason for cancellation (such as sickness, death in family or emergency, etc). Unfortunately, group contracts and packages have been pre-arranged and pre-paid with hosts at the time of registration and we do not have control of refunds or credit beyond the above exceptions. Retreat does not include food costs for “free night” dinners, or extra travel costs associated with other tourist attractions.
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.