Spring NC Mountains Retreat with Heather Metzler, ERYT500 + Jamie Annette, RYT500/ERYT200 – April 2016
This 3-day yoga retreat will consist of daily meditation, gentle, and vinyasa flow yoga classes (open to all levels). In addition to a gentle and vigorous asana practice, yoga pranayama & restorative guided relaxation, this yoga retreat will include time for instruction in the Buddhist style of vipassana, or insight meditation. There will also be ample free time for exploring, hiking, resting, receiving bodywork, and connecting with others. Arriving anytime after 3pm on Friday, we will begin with afternoon yoga and meditation classes, followed by a group ceremonial dinner of local, organic, farm fresh vegetarian foods on site Friday evening. Saturday and Sunday breakfast plus lunch will also be offered to our group as an organic vegetarian buffet. All classes and activities are optional and students are encouraged to approach this retreat as an opportunity for rejuvenation and renewal.Sign Up Now
What you will experience:
- Sitting and walking meditation
- Discussion to help clarify practical issues people new to meditation tend to encounter
- Suggestions for setting up a daily practice and taking your meditative awareness into the world
- Enjoy the many charms of the Prama Institute, a retreat center well known for hosting groups for holistic studies
- Opportunity to connect with the natural surroundings of the Appalachian Mountains at a time of year when the weather is optimal
A Video showing the Prama Retreat Center & Grounds…
About Heather Metzler, ERYT500
Kunga Yoga Faculty Instructor Heather Metzler, ERYT is a certified 500-hour Kunga Yoga teacher. She has also completed the 100 hour Professional Level Kunga Yoga Apprenticeship under Kristin Cooper for Kunga Yoga Leaders, and is working towards 1000-hour Kunga Yoga certification. As a Special Education teacher for many years, Heather started looking for a way to alleviate stress and create a healthier lifestyle for herself. She took her first yoga class in 2000 at a local gym, and was soon in love with the way it made her feel. She found the Wilmington Yoga Center where she started to deepen her practice through the love and teachings of Kristin Cooper, Larry Hobbs and Donna Gardner. After the birth of her first daughter in 2006, she began her yoga training, and is a graduate of the 220 and 500 hour Kunga Yoga School. She has completed certifications in Prenatal Yoga, Yoga for Trauma, Thai Yoga Massage, Kunga Power Vinyasa and Therapeutics and has traveled with Kunga Journeys for volunteer work at the Home of Hope Orphanage in Kerala, India. She feels blessed to have her family and students in her life everyday, supporting her growth as an individual and as a teacher. She is currently working towards her 1000 hour certification, to deepen her practice and experiences while serving others in her classes.
About Jamie Annette, RYT500/ERYT200
Jamie, RYT500/ERYT200, is an instructor for the Kunga Yoga School as well as for public classes. She completed both her 200hr and 500hr certifications at the Kunga Yoga School at Wilmington Yoga Center. She is also certified in Mat Pilates and loves to incorporate core work into her classes. Jamie took her first yoga class with her mom in 2001 and has been practicing ever since. Some of her primary teachers include Kristin Cooper-Gulak, Larry Hobbs and Rose Tan. She’s always had an interest in health and wellness of both body and mind and feels fortunate to be able to share this with others through teaching. Jamie hopes to encourage others to bring balance, peace and a sense of connection to their lives through the practice of yoga.Sign Up Now
Date & Time
Friday, April 29 – Sunday, May 1
Shared Occupancy (bunk rooms)
$350 – Friday to Sunday
Double Occupancy – SOLD OUT
$450 – Friday-Sunday
***EXTENDED Early Bird Rate – 10% off if you register by April 15, 2016***
- Accommodations Friday-Sun
- Arriving anytime after 3pm Friday, checkout Sun Noon
- Organic, Local Vegetarian Meals; Friday Dinner & Sat/Sun Breakfast & Lunch
- All Yoga & Meditation Instruction Classes
- Private Yoga Sessions w/Jamie + Heather
- Swedish & Deep Tissue Bodywork On Site
- White Water Rafting, Canoeing, and Hiking Trails
- Sightseeing in Asheville & Surrounding Areas-Biltmore Estate
- Driving along Blue Ridge Parkway
- Asheville Downtown Nightlife, Restaurants & Shopping
- 15 CEU Hours toward 500 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full retreat classes required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification counts one required module towards 500Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center program
In the event of cancellation, the following policies apply:
· 60 days or more prior to the retreat: Your payment will be refunded, less a $50 administration fee.
· 59-46 days prior to the retreat: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $50 administration fee) to a studio account credit.
· 45 days or less: Payments are not refundable or transferable, as your payment has already been processed.
The above policies apply regardless of the reason for cancellation (such as sickness, death in family or emergency, etc). Unfortunately, group contracts and packages have been pre-arranged and pre-paid with hosts at the time of registration and we do not have control of refunds or credit beyond the above exceptions. Retreat does not include food costs for “free night” dinners, or extra travel costs associated with other tourist attractions.
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.