WITH HEATHER METZLER, ERYT500 + JESS BICHLER, ERYT500
January 15-17, 2021
February 12-14, 2021
March 12-14, 2021
April 9-11, 2021
May 7-9, 2021
June 4-6, 2021
July 9-11, 2021
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
4:00-9:00pm- Lecture + Evening Practice
8:00am – 1:30pm – Lecture + Practice
1:30pm – 2:30pm – Lunch
2:30pm – 6:00pm – Lectures + Teaching Clinics
8:00am – 12:30pm – Lecture + Practice
12:30pm – 1:30pm Lunch Break
1:30pm – 5:00pm – Teaching Clinics
Teacher Training Tuition
Register NOW + SAVE 800!*
*Act fast! Only three spots left at the promotional price.
- 15% discount on workshops, class series + retail!
- 15 Class pass (activates at first use, expires after 180 days)
$TBD – Coming Soon!
Purchase now + SAVE 15%
- All required reading materials
- 2 blocks, 1 strap + 1 blanket
PAYMENT PLANS + FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE
Payment plans available * $25 Administration fee applies per month * Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire
*Final payment is due prior to the end of training
Needs Based Scholarships and Kunga Community Scholarships to dedicated students who apply are available. Download and complete the Application.
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
QUESTIONS? TO LEARN MORE, FILL OUT THE FOR BELOW OR CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS
Find YOUR Power
Turn the ordinary into the extraordinary in this yoga lifestyle + teacher training, specially tailored for aspiring yoga teachers, personal trainers, and athletes. Discover limitless strength while learning to teach power yoga safely and effectively to your students. Take it a step further by incorporating yogic philosophy and principles for living, providing your students with the means with which to push it to their edge – on and off the mat. Students of this training will gain a solid grasp of foundational postures, flows, and advanced postures such as arm balances and inversions, along with strategies and methodologies for sequencing a challenging and fulfilling yoga class. Special attention will be paid to yoga for athletes, targeting common injuries, and supplemental strategies to build strength, flexibility, and endurance.
Empowered Vinyasa Yoga Lifestyle + Teacher Training offers many benefits, including:
- Housed in one of the largest schools for yoga in the Southeast.
- Expert Trainer with decades of experience in yoga and strength training.
- Experiential curriculum and teaching methodology based off yogic philosophy with a focus on building strength and endurance within the physical body.
- Yoga inspired lifestyle training for teachers, personal trainers, and athletes with a holistic health centered focus.
- Support for graduates at the Wilmington Yoga Center, including discounted advanced studies tuition and internship programs.
ABOUT HEATHER METZLER, ERYT500
Heather Metzler is a certified ERYT-500-hour yoga teacher. She has also completed the 100 hour Professional Level Kunga Yoga Apprenticeship under Kristin Cooper for Kunga Yoga Leaders, and is working towards 1000-hour Kunga Yoga certification. As a Special Education teacher for many years, Heather started looking for a way to alleviate stress and create a healthier lifestyle for herself. She took her first yoga class in 1994 as a PE credit in college. She found the Wilmington Yoga Center in 2003, where she started to deepen her practice through the love and teachings of Kristin Cooper, Larry Hobbs and Donna Gardner. Heather began teaching at WYC in 2005 and is a graduate of the 220 and 500 hour Kunga Yoga School. She has completed certifications in Prenatal Yoga, Yoga for Trauma, Thai Yoga Massage, Kunga Power Vinyasa and YogaTherapeutics. Heather has traveled with Kunga Journeys for service work at the Home of Hope Orphanage in Kerala, India twice. Heather has led many retreats through WYC including Costa Rica, BHI and Prama Institute. She has developed and led local mini and weekend retreats locally as well. Heather has also lead 200 and 300 hour Kunga Yoga lifestyle and teacher trainings and currently teaches public classes. She feels blessed to have her family and students in her life everyday, supporting her growth as an individual and as a teacher. She is currently working towards her 1000 hour certification, to deepen her practice and experiences while serving others in her classes.
ABOUT JESS BICHLER, ERYT500
Jess has a rich yogic history, steeped in a variety of trainings and lineages, bringing a wealth of knowledge to her classes, workshops and teacher trainings. Jess came to yoga in her teens, recognizing it as a path towards staying active and healthy throughout every stage of life. Jess has had the opportunity to study myriad yoga styles, particularly the prominent lines of Iyengar, Ashtanga and Anusara – each complimenting her attention to alignment and core engagement gained as a gymnast – as well as therapeutic and kids yoga. Her formal education and certifications were earned at the Morningside School of Yoga in upstate New York, Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Massachusetts, and most recently 200 and 500 hour certifications from the Wilmington Yoga Center. Her influential teachers include Michael Smith, Stacey Millner-Collins, Cheryl Crawrford, Kristin Cooper and Noelle Whittington. Jessica loves developing a wide variety of classes including everything from gentle and chair yoga, to kids yoga, to advanced practices focusing on arm balances and inversions. Her goal is to lovingly support students down the path of living a yogic lifestyle in all aspects.
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to participate in the training?
In the event of cancellation of either a 200 or 300hr teacher training, the following policies apply:
- 60 days or more prior to the training: Your payment can be refunded for a $250 administration fee, or transferred to another WYC training at no cost.
- 59-31 days prior to the training: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $50 administration fee) to another WYC training.
- 30 days or less: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $150 administration fee) to another WYC training.
Withdrawals from active trainings will result in the loss of all fees paid.
Committing to a 200hr yoga teacher training or a 300hr yoga teacher training is a big deal! We want to make sure all your questions are answered before you register. If your questions aren’t answered below, please contact us for more information about our yoga teacher training programs.
We have consistently evolved, improved and refined each of our trainings, with over one thousand participants in our 200 & 500/300 hr programs since 2003.
- Basic and Advanced Yoga Asanas – Cueing, Adjustments, and Cautions
- Posture – Specific Alignment + benefits
- Hatha + Vinyasa Practices Overview
- Sanskrit Pronunciation and Vocabulary
- Yoga for Athletes – strategies and supplemental exercise
EASTERN + WESTERN ANATOMY
- Introductory Anatomy as applied to Asana
- Bandhas and Energy Flow
- Injury Prevention – common injuries and warning signs
- Prana + the Vayus
- The Three Gunas
- The Seven Chakras
- The Five Koshas + the subtle body
- Principles of Ayurveda for health and vitality
PHILOSOPHY, ETHICS + LIFESTYLE
- History of Yoga – Classical + Modern; Evolution of Yoga
- Fundamentals of the Yoga Sutras + 8 Limbed Path/Ashtanga Yoga
- Teacher ethics + code of conduct
- Assisting + enhancements
- Development of Verbal Skills + effective cueing
- Demonstrating for your class
- Sequencing, Creativity, + Asana Families
- Balancing a dynamic yoga practice
- Practice Teach Sessions + Feedback
- Teaching for a variety of populations
BREATHING + MEDITATION PRACTICES
- Basic Anatomy + mechanics of breath
- Pranayama for athletes
- Pranayama/breathing methodology
- Pranayama techniques + benefits in practice
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
- Understanding your Market + Basic Marketing for Independent Teachers
- Legal Implications of Becoming a Yoga Teacher
- Yoga Alliance Registry + Continuing Education