200hr Kunga Yoga Lifestyle + Teacher Training
WITH JESSICA MOODY, ERYT500 + TREY BAREFOOT, ERYT200
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
5:30-9:30pm- Lecture + Evening Practice
9:00am – 1:30pm – Lecture + Practice
1:30pm – 2:30pm – Lunch
2:30pm – 7:00pm – Lectures + Teaching Clinics
8:00am – 12:30pm – Lecture + Practice
12:30pm – 1:30pm Lunch Break
1:30pm – 6:00pm – Teaching Clinics
Teacher Training Tuition
Register by December 31st + SAVE $300!!
- 15% discount on Wilmington Yoga workshops!
- 15 Class pass to use within one year of the training at Wilmington Yoga Center
Purchase now + SAVE 15%
- All required reading materials
- 2 blocks, 1 strap + 1 blanket
PAYMENT PLANS + FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE
Payment plans available * $25 Administration fee applies per month * Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire
*Final payment is due prior to the end of training
Needs Based Scholarships and Kunga Community Scholarships to dedicated students who apply are available. Download and complete the Application.
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
QUESTIONS? TO LEARN MORE, FILL OUT THE FOR BELOW OR CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS
LEARN. LAUGH. GROW. SERVE
Kunga Yoga 200hr Teacher Training Certification Program provides a foundational teacher training and a yogic lifestyle immersion for students wishing to become teachers, or those simply wishing to deepen their own practice and learn healthy lifestyle habits. You will learn theory and practice of yoga on the mat and yoga off the mat as a practice of service. We are committed to offering yoga in a way that is accessible to all levels, non-dogmatic, non-intimidating, thorough, and fun!
•Develop and deepen your personal practice on and off the mat
•Gain tools to serve your community, learning from dedicated yogis with decades of experience
•Try out a variety of yoga styles in a multidisciplinary training
•Create enriching personal relationships for your yogic journey to come!
ABOUT PRESENTER JESSICA MOODY, ERYT500
Jess completed her 200-hour and 300-hour Kunga Yoga Lifestyle and Teacher Trainings with Kristin Cooper and the Kunga Yoga School. She went on to complete a professional development mentorship with Kristin Cooper and Loren Gulak and has been co-leading 200-hour Kunga Yoga Teacher Trainings since 2014. Jess has been dedicated to a yogic lifestyle since 2007, and in 2013 she co-founded Village Yoga, a social entrepreneurship and yoga studio on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. Jess has also taught with non-profits and in retreat settings in Mexico, Costa Rica, and India.
She has received a certificate in 5Elements Vinyasa Flow, with advanced studies under the Kunga Yoga Methodology in Power Vinyasa, Restorative & Senior Yoga, Prenatal Yoga, Kids Yoga, and Yoga for PTSD and trauma sensitive populations. She has also studied with other inspirational teachers such as Kathryn Budig, Michael Johnson, Rolf Gates, Katie Silcox, Maty Ezraty, and Tiffany Cruikshank.
Within her classes Jess enjoys creating a spiritually and physically progressive yoga practice that challenges her students to unlock their ultimate potentials and strive for their highest selves. When she’s not on the mat you can find her in the ocean riding waves, or searching for beach treasures with her dog, Waylon.
ABOUT PRESENTER TREY BAREFOOT, ERYT200
Trey is drawn to yoga for it’s fascinating ability to empower the student. He began his path toward healing in a high school gym class and then continued practicing at Seaside Yoga and Wilmington Yoga Center for a few years. After graduating from Seaside Yoga’s teacher training in 2009, he completed a second teacher training at the Costa Rica Yoga Spa in Nosara the following year. Since then, he has taught public classes and led retreats in Australia, Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica, and Wilmington. He loves teaching at beach resorts and for the past two years he has taught Stand-up Paddleboard Yoga on the magical haven of Block Island, Rhode Island.
Trey’s focus is on the spiritual and psychosomatic power of yoga. Whether he is teaching gentle Restorative, or Power Flow, he strives to weave simple breathwork techniques, and the theme of unconditional acceptance into each and every class.
His deepest desire is to paint the physical body as a perfect conduit for universal energy, or life force, to move throughout. Trey uses yoga as a reminder that deep beneath the layers of mind, there is an unlimited wellspring of worthiness and passion inside each of us.
ABOUT GUEST PRESENTER JESS BICHLER, ERYT500
Wilmington Yoga Operations Manager, Jessica has a rich yogic history, steeped in a variety of trainings and lineages, bringing a wealth of knowledge to her classes, workshops and teacher trainings. Jess came to yoga in her teens, recognizing it as a path towards staying active and healthy throughout every stage of life. Jess has had the opportunity to study myriad yoga styles, particularly the prominent lines of Iyengar, Ashtanga and Anusara – each complimenting her attention to alignment and core engagement gained as a gymnast – as well as therapeutic and kids yoga. Her formal education and certifications were earned at the Morningside School of Yoga in upstate New York, Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Massachusetts, and most recently 200 and 500 hour certifications from the Wilmington Yoga Center. Her influential teachers include Michael Smith, Stacey Millner-Collins, Cheryl Crawrford, Kristin Cooper and Noelle Whittington. Jessica loves developing a wide variety of classes including everything from gentle and chair yoga, to kids yoga, to advanced practices focusing on arm balances and inversions. Her goal is to lovingly support students down the path of living a yogic lifestyle in all aspects.
ABOUT THE SAGEWOOD CENTER
The Sagewood Center opened in Raleigh in 2013 as a nurturing space combining healing and art. Colorful paintings adorn the walls and our therapists offer massage and various alternative healing modalities. We have been in our current Pleasant Pines Dr location since June 2016. We have six therapy rooms and a large classroom is available for classes and workshops.
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to participate in the training?
In the event of cancellation of either a 200 or 300hr teacher training, the following policies apply:
- 60 days or more prior to the training: Your payment can be refunded for a $250 administration fee, or transferred to another WYC training at no cost.
- 59-31 days prior to the training: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $50 administration fee) to another WYC training.
- 30 days or less: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $150 administration fee) to another WYC training.
Withdrawals from active trainings will result in the loss of all fees paid.
Committing to a 200hr yoga teacher training or a 300hr yoga teacher training is a big deal! We want to make sure all your questions are answered before you register. If your questions aren’t answered below, please contact us for more information about our yoga teacher training programs.
We have consistently evolved, improved and refined each of our trainings, with over one thousand participants in our 200 & 500/300 hr programs since 2003. As a unique, open- style training program, we’ve committed our programs to the “Kunga” vision-offering yoga as service to our local and global communities, learning by teaching and getting our hands dirty!
- Principles of Classic Yoga Asanas Alignment Theory
- Posture – Specific Alignment & benefits
- Biomechanical Press-points
- Adapting postures to the individual
- Usage of props
- Hatha & Vinyasa Practices Overview
- Synthesis & Orthodox Practices: Ashtanga, Kundalini, Kripalu, Therapeutics, Prenatal, & More..
- Krishnamacharya’s Theory of Krama /Sequencing
EASTERN & WESTERN ANATOMY
- Introductory Anatomy as applied to Asana
- Multi-Media Presentations of Anatomy of Postures
- The Physiology of Asana, Breath & Meditation
- Injury Prevention – “Red Flag” warnings
- Advanced Relaxation Techniques
- Prana & the Vayus
- Chakras & Nadis
- The Five Koshas
- Ayurveda Introduction, Doshas
- Mudras, chanting
- Adapting the practice to your lifestyle, needs, body
PHILOSOPHY, ETHICS & LIFESTYLE
- History of Yoga – Classical & Modern; Evolution of Yoga
- Fundamentals of the Yoga Sutras & 8 Limbed Path
- Important teachers and their contributions
- Major modern schools and their approaches
- The Art of Living Yoga – off the mat
- Vegan Lifestyle & Diet with Cooking tips
- Living “Green”
- Teacher/Student Ethics
- Kunga Yoga Volunteering for Special Needs in Communities
- Bhakti Yoga –Kirtan, chanting & drumming
- Gentle assisting & enhancements
- Effective Cueing
- Development of Verbal Skills
- Demonstrating for your class
- Reading group energy and dynamics
- Cultivating confidence
- Planning your own classes
- Practice Teach Sessions & Feedback
- Opportunities to Assist Senior Teachers
BREATHING & MEDITATION PRACTICES
- Basic Anatomy & mechanics of breath
- Pranayama/breathing methodology
- Pranayama techniques in practice
- Meditation & the subtle body
- Guided Visualization as Meditation
- Meditation and the relaxation response
- Overview of benefits of pranayama
- Overview of benefits of meditation
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
- Gaining experience upon graduation
- Setting fees; understanding the market & your experience level
- Working with private clientele
- Building your resume consciously
- Basic marketing
- Ethics of why you teach & how to integrate into business world
- Yoga Alliance Registry & Continuing Education