200hr Yoga Teacher Training
WITH FRANCES MURCHISON, ERYT200/RYT500,
JAMIE ANNETTE, ERYT500 + KIKI TRIENEN, ERYT500
January 21-23, 2022
February 18-20, 2022
March 18-20, 2022
April 22-24, 2022
May 20-22, 2022
June 17-19, 2022
July 15-17, 2022
August 12-14, 2022
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
4:30-8:45pm Lecture/Practice (with breaks)
8:45-9:00pm Closing Meditation
8:30-9:00am Opening Meditation
11:30-12:00pm MINDFULNESS LUNCH
12:00-1:30pm Teaching Clinic
1:30-6:00pm Lecture/Teaching Clinic/Discussion
6:00-6:30pm Closing Meditation
8:00-8:30am Opening Meditation
12:00-12:30pm MINDFULNESS LUNCH
12:30-3:00pm Teaching Clinic (with breaks)
4:30-5pm Closing Meditation
Teacher Training Tuition
Register by October 21st + SAVE $500!*
- 15% discount on workshops, class series + retail!
- 15 Class pass (activates at first use, expires after 180 days)
*Registration Deadline January 17th
Purchase now + SAVE 15%
- All required reading materials
Interested in having a hard copy of your manual? Add it to your bundle now!
PAYMENT PLANS + FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE
Payment plans available * $25 Administration fee applies per month * Email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire
*Final payment is due prior to the end of training
Needs Based Scholarships and Kunga Community Scholarships to dedicated students who apply are available. Download and complete the Application.
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
QUESTIONS? TO LEARN MORE, FILL OUT THE FOR BELOW OR CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS
Soul. Heart. Mind. Body
Travel through Patanjali’s Eight Limbs of Yoga as you explore your own personal philosophy and asana practice in this eight-weekend Yoga Lifestyle + Teacher Training. Experience the power of your mind and body through detailed instruction on all of the eight limbs: yamas, nimayas, asana, pranayama, pratyahara, dharana, dhyana, and samhadi.
Additionally, incorporate Ayurvedic principles for living throughout the training. While traveling in-depth into the Yoga Sutras, students will gain a firm understanding of foundational postures and methodologies for teaching yoga to the general population. Break free of negative samskara (habits); become a better yoga teacher by exploring your own sankulpa (inner desire) and shaping the life you were meant to live.
- Housed in one of the largest schools for yoga in the Southeast.
- Expert Trainer with decades of experience in yoga and holistic health coaching.
- Experiential curriculum and teaching methodology focused on classical yogic teachings mixed with modern philosophy.
- Yoga and Ayurveda inspired lifestyle training within a holistic health centered commons.
- Support for graduates at the Wilmington Yoga, including discounted advanced studies tuition and internship programs.
About Frances Murchison, ERYT200/RYT500, CHHC
Frances Murchison, ERYT200/RYT500, CHHC brings 11 years of yoga experience to her classes. Frances is a board certified Holistic Health Coach through Integrative nutrition, NYC, founder and director of Mindfullyfed Health + Life coaching, author, speaker, retreat leader, and certified yoga instructor through Moksha Yoga, chicago. She completed her 200hr Training under Daren Friesen at Moksha Yoga in Chicago, and is working towards her 500-hour Kunga Yoga certification. Originally a runner, she embraced yoga for the physical benefits of strength, flexibility and endurance. Soon, she realized that the enhancement of mindfulness, self-acceptance and compassion turned out to be an even larger benefit. Her influential teachers include Gary Kraftsow, Gabriel Halpern, Aadil Palkhivala, Daren Friesen, Dr. John Douillard and Brian Kest. Frances is a trained and certified 5Elements Flow teacher. Frances’ background as a holistic health coach informs her teaching.
ABOUT PRESENTER JAMIE ANNETTE, ERYT500
Jamie Annette, ERYT500, is an instructor for the Kunga Yoga School as well as for public classes. She completed both her 200hr and 500hr certifications at the Kunga Yoga School at Wilmington Yoga Center. She is also certified in Mat Pilates and loves to incorporate core work into her classes. Jamie took her first yoga class with her mom in 2001 and has been practicing ever since. Some of her primary teachers include Kristin Cooper-Gulak, Larry Hobbs and Rose Tan. She’s always had an interest in health and wellness of both body and mind and feels fortunate to be able to share this with others through teaching. Jamie hopes to encourage others to bring balance, peace and a sense of connection to their lives through the practice of yoga.
ABOUT PRESENTER KIKI TRIENEN, ERYT500
After experiencing the powerful healing quality of a dedicated yoga practice, Karen(Kiki) Treinen, ERYT500 was inspired to complete her 500 hour yoga teacher training in 2012. Kiki‘s intention as a yoga teacher is to help people learn to heal themselves, and to continue to grow within her own practice. Her personal practice has included Ashtanga yoga with Larry Hobbs, Kriya Yoga, and Vipassana meditation. Kiki is a licensed massage therapist, LMBT #19711, certified Thai Yoga practitioner and Reiki master; offering Thai Yoga Massage sessions onsite. She creates healing sequences for Yin, Restorative, and Flow classes for all levels. Kiki incorporates sound healing with singing bowls, gong, drumming and various other healing instruments for classes and special events.
Through physical postures and control of the breath, yoga develops an awareness of the physical, mental, and spiritual states. In the present moment you create your practice and in turn learn about yourself and transform your life. “It’s an honor to guide others on their journey to wellness.”
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to participate in the training?
In the event of cancellation of either a 200 or 300hr teacher training, the following policies apply:
- 60 days or more prior to the training: Your payment can be refunded for a $250 administration fee, or transferred to another WYC training at no cost.
- 59-31 days prior to the training: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $50 administration fee) to another WYC training.
- 30 days or less: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $150 administration fee) to another WYC training.
Withdrawals from active trainings will result in the loss of all fees paid.
Committing to a 200hr yoga teacher training or a 300hr yoga teacher training is a big deal! We want to make sure all your questions are answered before you register. If your questions aren’t answered below, please contact us for more information about our yoga teacher training programs.
We continually evolve, improve and refine each of our trainings, with over one thousand participants in our 200 & 500/300 hr programs since 2003.
- Principles of Classic Yoga Asanas Alignment Theory
- Posture – Specific Alignment + benefits
- Hatha + Vinyasa Practices Overview
- Sanskrit Pronunciation and Vocabulary
- Karma + the Four Functions of the Mind
EASTERN + WESTERN ANATOMY
- Introductory Anatomy as applied to Asana
- Multi-Media Presentations of Anatomy of Postures
- The Physiology of Asana, Breath + Meditation
- Injury Prevention – “Red Flag” warnings
- Advanced Relaxation Techniques
- Prana + the Vayus
- The Three Gunas
- Chakras + Nadis
- The Five Koshas
- Ayurvedic Living, Doshas
PHILOSOPHY, ETHICS + LIFESTYLE
- History of Yoga – Classical + Modern; Evolution of Yoga
- Fundamentals of Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras + 8 Limbed Path
- The Art of Living Yoga – off the mat
- Discovering Your Dharma
- Living “Green” and According to Your Body’s Needs
- Teacher/Student Ethics
- Tools for Mindful Living
- Assisting + enhancements
- Effective Cueing
- Development of Verbal Skills
- Demonstrating for your class
- Stance Matrix
- Cultivating confidence
- Practice Teach Sessions + Feedback
BREATHING + MEDITATION PRACTICES
- Basic Anatomy + mechanics of breath
- Pranayama/breathing methodology
- Pranayama techniques in practice
- Meditation + the subtle body
- Guided Visualization as Meditation
- Meditation and the relaxation response
- Withdrawal of the Senses, Single-Pointed Focus
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
- Gaining experience upon graduation
- Understanding your Market + Basic Marketing
- Legal Implications of Becoming a Yoga Teacher
- Yoga Alliance Registry + Continuing Education