200hr Kunga Yoga Lifestyle + Teacher Training
WITH KRISTIN COOPER, ERYT500 + JESS BICHLER, ERYT500 + YACEP
July 23-25, 2021
August 20-22, 2021
September 17-19, 2021
October 15-17, 2021
November 12-14, 20201
December 10-12, 2021
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE
5:30-9:30pm- Lecture + Evening Practice
9:00am – 1:30pm – Lecture + Practice
1:30pm – 2:30pm – Lunch
2:30pm – 7:00pm – Lectures + Teaching Clinics
8:00am – 12:30pm – Lecture + Practice
12:30pm – 1:30pm Lunch Break
1:30pm – 6:00pm – Teaching Clinics
Teacher Training Tuition
Register by April 24th + SAVE $500!!
- 15% discount on workshops, class series + retail!
- 15 Class pass (activates at first use, expires after 180 days)
Purchase now + SAVE 15%
- All required reading materials
- 2 blocks, 1 strap + 1 blanket
PAYMENT PLANS + FINANCIAL AID AVAILABLE
Payment plans available * $25 Administration fee applies per month * Email email@example.com to inquire
*Final payment is due prior to the end of training
Needs Based Scholarships and Kunga Community Scholarships to dedicated students who apply are available. Download and complete the Application.
If you are a military spouse, you may qualify for the MyCAA program. The MyCAA program is a career development and employment assistance program offered by the military for military personnel and their spouses. MyCAA provides a maximum educational benefit of $4,000.
QUESTIONS? TO LEARN MORE, FILL OUT THE FOR BELOW OR CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS
LEARN. LAUGH. GROW. SERVE
Kunga Yoga 200hr Teacher Training Certification Program provides a foundational teacher training and a yogic lifestyle immersion for students wishing to become teachers, or those simply wishing to deepen their own practice and learn healthy lifestyle habits. You will learn theory and practice of yoga on the mat and yoga off the mat as a practice of service. We are committed to offering yoga in a way that is accessible to all levels, non-dogmatic, non-intimidating, thorough, and fun!
•Develop and deepen your personal practice on and off the mat
•Gain tools to serve your community, learning from dedicated yogis with decades of experience
•Try out a variety of yoga styles in a multidisciplinary training
•Create enriching personal relationships for your yogic journey to come!
ABOUT PRESENTER KRISTIN COOPER, ERYT500
The Founder of the Kunga Yoga 200/500hour Teacher Training School is Kristin Cooper, ERYT500. Kristin teaches advanced modules and retreats and often teaches along with a group of highly experienced Kunga Yoga faculty locally at the Wilmington Yoga Center location. Kristin’s teaching background includes teaching full time since 1999 and training hundreds of yoga teachers nationally and internationally since 2003. She has worked with children, seniors, and students living with cancer and HIV, and is a member of the International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT). Kristin has worked privately with celebrity clients Katie Holmes, Ashley Judd and Cheryl Hines, and is founder of the Wilmington Yoga Center and Kunga Yoga. She traveled for several years at the beginning of her career as a teaching assistant and percussionist for Shiva Rea, working as a mentor for Shiva’s Prana Flow 500hr Teacher Training. Kristin is also a guest presenter for various teacher training schools in the U.S and has assisted the Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health Teacher Trainings. Her training background includes several trips to India and Thailand, with ongoing study in Thai Yoga Massage in the Lek Chaiya tradition, Ayurveda, and yoga along with studies in vegan living and macrobiotics at the Kushi Institute. She has enjoyed the benefits of a vegan diet and lifestyle since 1994 and shares her love of all things plant-based with passion! Her primary vinyasa studies began with Shiva Rea in 2000 and have continued for many years, and she has completed a wide range of trainings and certifications including Kripalu yoga, Ashtanga yoga, Kundalini, YogaDance, Yoga for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Advanced Pranayama, Meditation, Ayurveda, Kids Yoga, Therapeutics, Non-Violent Communication, and studies in bodywork and nutrition. She enjoys incorporating many teaching methods and theories into her trainings and feels that all forms and philosophies inform one another and have the same goal of union, or “yoga”. Kristin has contributed to Yoga Journal and has been interviewed by the Huffington Post for her social entrepreneurship models and work with Homes of Hope Orphanage India. She is the creator of Rhythmic Flow Yoga w/live drumming and founder of Kunga Journeys: international volunteer retreats working with orphanages in developing countries. Kunga Journeys are led by Kristin and her percussionist husband, Loren Gulak. The Kunga team is grateful for the opportunity to use yoga as a platform and tool for collaboration, education, connection, and fundraising for underserved children around the world. For info on Kristin and upcoming service events, please visit: https://www.kungayogaschool.com/
ABOUT PRESENTER DANIELLE SUBER, ERYT200/RYT500
ess has a rich yogic history, steeped in a variety of trainings and lineages, bringing a wealth of knowledge to her classes, workshops and teacher trainings. Jess came to yoga in her teens, recognizing it as a path towards staying active and healthy throughout every stage of life. Jess has had the opportunity to study myriad yoga styles, particularly the prominent lines of Iyengar, Ashtanga and Anusara – each complimenting her attention to alignment and core engagement gained as a gymnast – as well as therapeutic and kids yoga. Her formal education and certifications were earned at the Morningside School of Yoga in upstate New York, Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health in Massachusetts, and most recently 200 and 500 hour certifications from the Wilmington Yoga Center. Her influential teachers include Michael Smith, Stacey Millner-Collins, Cheryl Crawrford, Kristin Cooper and Noelle Whittington. Jessica loves developing a wide variety of classes including everything from gentle and chair yoga, to kids yoga, to advanced practices focusing on arm balances and inversions. Her goal is to lovingly support students down the path of living a yogic lifestyle in all aspects.
What is the cancellation policy if I am unable to participate in the training?
In the event of cancellation of either a 200 or 300hr teacher training, the following policies apply:
- 60 days or more prior to the training: Your payment can be refunded for a $250 administration fee, or transferred to another WYC training at no cost.
- 59-31 days prior to the training: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $50 administration fee) to another WYC training.
- 30 days or less: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $150 administration fee) to another WYC training.
Withdrawals from active trainings will result in the loss of all fees paid.
Committing to a 200hr yoga teacher training or a 300hr yoga teacher training is a big deal! We want to make sure all your questions are answered before you register. If your questions aren’t answered below, please contact us for more information about our yoga teacher training programs.
We have consistently evolved, improved and refined each of our trainings, with over one thousand participants in our 200 & 500/300 hr programs since 2003. As a unique, open- style training program, we’ve committed our programs to the “Kunga” vision-offering yoga as service to our local and global communities, learning by teaching and getting our hands dirty!
- Principles of Classic Yoga Asanas Alignment Theory
- Posture – Specific Alignment & benefits
- Biomechanical Press-points
- Adapting postures to the individual
- Usage of props
- Hatha & Vinyasa Practices Overview
- Synthesis & Orthodox Practices: Ashtanga, Kundalini, Kripalu, Therapeutics, Prenatal, & More..
- Krishnamacharya’s Theory of Krama /Sequencing
EASTERN & WESTERN ANATOMY
- Introductory Anatomy as applied to Asana
- Multi-Media Presentations of Anatomy of Postures
- The Physiology of Asana, Breath & Meditation
- Injury Prevention – “Red Flag” warnings
- Advanced Relaxation Techniques
- Prana & the Vayus
- Chakras & Nadis
- The Five Koshas
- Ayurveda Introduction, Doshas
- Mudras, chanting
- Adapting the practice to your lifestyle, needs, body
PHILOSOPHY, ETHICS & LIFESTYLE
- History of Yoga – Classical & Modern; Evolution of Yoga
- Fundamentals of the Yoga Sutras & 8 Limbed Path
- Important teachers and their contributions
- Major modern schools and their approaches
- The Art of Living Yoga – off the mat
- Vegan Lifestyle & Diet with Cooking tips
- Living “Green”
- Teacher/Student Ethics
- Kunga Yoga Volunteering for Special Needs in Communities
- Bhakti Yoga –Kirtan, chanting & drumming
- Gentle assisting & enhancements
- Effective Cueing
- Development of Verbal Skills
- Demonstrating for your class
- Reading group energy and dynamics
- Cultivating confidence
- Planning your own classes
- Practice Teach Sessions & Feedback
- Opportunities to Assist Senior Teachers
BREATHING & MEDITATION PRACTICES
- Basic Anatomy & mechanics of breath
- Pranayama/breathing methodology
- Pranayama techniques in practice
- Meditation & the subtle body
- Guided Visualization as Meditation
- Meditation and the relaxation response
- Overview of benefits of pranayama
- Overview of benefits of meditation
THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
- Gaining experience upon graduation
- Setting fees; understanding the market & your experience level
- Working with private clientele
- Building your resume consciously
- Basic marketing
- Ethics of why you teach & how to integrate into business world
- Yoga Alliance Registry & Continuing Education