Run for the hills! Enjoy the gift of Peace and Relaxation.
Join us for Mother’s Day weekend in the mountains to connect with yourself and nature. This yoga retreat will consist of daily meditation, gentle + vinyasa flow yoga classes (open to all levels). In addition to rejuvenating asana practices and guided meditation, we’ll wind down each night with yoga nidra, which promotes deep rest and relaxation. There will also be ample free time for exploring, hiking, resting, receiving bodywork + connecting with others. We will begin our retreat with a yoga practice, followed by a group ceremonial dinner of local, organic, farm fresh vegetarian foods on site. Breakfast plus lunch will also be offered to our group as an organic vegetarian buffet. All classes + activities are optional + students are encouraged to approach this retreat as an opportunity for rejuvenation and renewal.
Date & Time
Friday, May 10 – Sunday, May 12Sign Up Now
About Jamie Annette, ERYT500
Jamie, ERYT500, is a lead instructor for the Kunga Yoga School as well as for public classes. She completed both her 200hr and 500hr certifications at the Kunga Yoga School at Wilmington Yoga Center. She is also certified in Mat Pilates and loves to incorporate core work into her classes. Jamie took her first yoga class with her mom in 2001 and has been practicing ever since. Some of her primary teachers include Kristin Cooper-Gulak, Larry Hobbs and Rose Tan. She’s always had an interest in health and wellness of both body and mind and feels fortunate to be able to share this with others through teaching. Jamie hopes to encourage others to bring balance, peace and a sense of connection to their lives through the practice of yoga.
About Taylor Lawrence, RYT500
Taylor, RYT500 completed the 200hr Kunga Yoga Lifestyle teacher training with Wilmington Yoga Center in 2013 with Kristin Cooper, Noelle Whittington, Jess Bichler, and Heather Metzler. She also completed the 200hr Power Vinyasa with Tamal Dodge in 2013. These teachers, along with Lexi Hawks have inspired her to learn and grow, on and off the mat.Taylor has taught a variety of classes throughout her teaching career including Gentle, Basic, Prenatal, Restorative and Yin. Taylor hopes each and every student walks away empowered with the belief that they are their own most powerful teacher.
In this Mountain Yoga Retreat you will experience:
- Sitting + Walking Meditation
- Discussion to help clarify practical issues people new to meditation tend to encounter
- Suggestions for setting up a daily practice and taking your meditative awareness into the world
- Enjoy the many charms of the Prama Institute, a retreat center well known for hosting groups for holistic studies
- Opportunity to connect with the natural surroundings of the Appalachian Mountains at a time of year when the weather is optimal
A Video showing the Prama Retreat Center & Grounds…Sign Up Now
Register by April 10th + SAVE 10%
Shared Occupancy (bunk rooms)
$375 – Friday to Sunday
Double Occupancy – *SOLD OUT!
$475 – Friday-Sunday
Single Occupancy – *SOLD OUT!
$600 – Friday-Sunday
- Accommodations Friday-Sun
- Arriving anytime after 3pm Friday, checkout Sun Noon
- Organic, Local Vegetarian Meals; Friday Dinner & Sat/Sun Breakfast & Lunch
- All Yoga & Meditation Instruction Classes
- Private Yoga Sessions w/Jamie + Taylor
- Swedish & Deep Tissue Bodywork On Site
- White Water Rafting, Canoeing, and Hiking Trails
- Sightseeing in Asheville & Surrounding Areas-Biltmore Estate
- Driving along Blue Ridge Parkway
- Asheville Downtown Nightlife, Restaurants & Shopping
- 5 CEU Hours toward 500 YA or CEUs
- $15 Additional CEU certificate due at time of registration
- Participation in full retreat classes required to receive 500YA credit.
- This certification counts one required module towards 500Hr registry in the Wilmington Yoga Center program
In the event of cancellation, the following policies apply:
· 60 days or more prior to the retreat: Your payment will be refunded, less a $50 administration fee.
· 59-46 days prior to the retreat: Payments are not refundable, but are transferable (less $50 administration fee) to a studio account credit.
· 45 days or less: Payments are not refundable or transferable, as your payment has already been processed.
The above policies apply regardless of the reason for cancellation (such as sickness, death in family or emergency, etc). Unfortunately, group contracts and packages have been pre-arranged and pre-paid with hosts at the time of registration and we do not have control of refunds or credit beyond the above exceptions. Retreat does not include food costs for “free night” dinners, or extra travel costs associated with other tourist attractions.